Explore the NUS Baba House - June 2018
Sign up for this opportunity to explore the NUS Baba House! On Saturdays, we are throwing open our doors for visitors who are keen to discover the house on their own at any of the four entry times. After a short introduction to the house, you will be welcome to explore the rooms at your own pace.
157 Neil Road was once the ancestral home of the Wee family who descended from shipping merchant Wee Bin. It was restored and opened in 2008 as the NUS Baba House, a heritage project which supports the study of architectural conservation, urban and social histories and cultural hybridity.
Today, pieces of furniture as well as portraits and household objects are displayed in a historical context, to suggest ways the material culture of the Straits Chinese may be read in relation to ethnicity, beliefs and the colonial setting.
The third floor has been converted to an art gallery for exhibitions and projects that foster contemporary engagements with Peranakan culture and the history and architecture of the house. Academic researchers and art practitioners are invited to explore and present on the community and neighbourhood from different perspectives.
Limited to 25 pax per time slot and suitable for adults and children aged 12 and above, advanced booking is required.
- Entry is free for all Singaporean Citizens and Permanent Residents, all students holding a valid student pass, NUS staff and alumni and ICOM and Museum Roundtable members.
- To enjoy free entry, please key in "CONC" under discount code when purchasing your ticket.
- You may need to present a valid proof of identity such as an identity card, Driving License, NUS Staff Card, Student Card or an ICOM or Museum Roundtable Card to enjoy free entry.
- A $10 fee (incl GST) is applicable for all other visitors. GST Registration No: 200604346E
- In the event that the programme is cancelled by the NUS Baba House, you will be provided with a full refund.
- Cancellations by participants made more than 50 days after the purchase of tickets will be charged a cancellation fee.
- Cancellations by participants made less than 7 days prior to the event are non-refundable.
[ Sat ] - [ Sat ]
1:30 PM - 5:00 PM SGT
- NUS Baba House
Saturday, 2 June : 1.30pm $10.00 Saturday, 2 June : 2.15pm $10.00 Saturday, 2 June : 3.15pm $10.00 Saturday, 2 June : 4.00pm $10.00 Saturday, 9 June : 1.30pm $10.00 Saturday, 9 June : 2.15pm $10.00 Saturday, 9 June : 3.15pm $10.00 Saturday, 9 June : 4.00pm $10.00 Saturday, 16 June : 1.30pm $10.00 Saturday, 16 June : 2.15pm $10.00 Saturday, 16 June : 3.15pm $10.00 Saturday, 16 June : 4.00pm $10.00 Saturday, 23 June : 1.30pm $10.00 Saturday, 23 June : 2.15pm $10.00 Saturday, 23 June : 3.15pm $10.00 Saturday, 23 June : 4.00pm $10.00 Saturday, 30 June : 1.30pm $10.00 Saturday, 30 June : 2.15pm $10.00 Saturday, 30 June : 3.15pm $10.00 Saturday, 30 June : 4.00pm $10.00
On sale until Jun 30, 2018, 1:00:00 PM
- Venue Address
- 157 Neil Road, Singapore 088883 Singapore
Nearest MRT Station: Outram Park (Exit G). Parking facilities available at Everton Road Multi Storey Carpark and Singapore Heart Centre.
NUS Baba House890 Followers